1. Go to a reputable beauty salon – Allure Beauty has been around for 13 years and is well-known for their natural and professional eyebrow embroidery services. Just check out their glowing reviews online!
2. Follow the Golden Ratio – Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but according to a study from the University of Nebraska, a smaller nose and chin, along with a larger distance between the eyes and a smaller mouth width are deemed desirable traits for women. With the math behind it, the symmetry of your face can be measured. The closer this number is to 1.62, the more beautiful it is judged subconsciously. Allure follows this theory – known as the Golden Ratio, to design eyebrows for their clients.
3. Choose a brow shape that suits your face shape – My brow specialist from Allure believes in giving you the best brows according to the structure of your face and use an eyebrow pencil for Korean brows instead. This ensures that you will not be stuck with the Korean brows after it is no longer trendy.
4. Be patient – My brow specialist was very thorough and took her time to pencil in my desired eyebrow shape, then she viewed my brows through the mirror and through photos after reshaping them to ensure that they look good in every scenario. She also took her time to perfect my brows during the embroidery process.
5. Think long term – Always find a shape that suits you (refer to point 3) because Allure’s eyebrow embroidery lasts 3 – 5 years. From reviews online, it seems that their brow treatment also fades very naturally. It is a great relief to know that I do not have to fret about my brows for the next few years.
Upon arrival at their pristine white salon, I was immediately ushered to a comfortable sofa and served tea. My brow specialist at Allure, who has six years of eyebrow embroidery experience, was friendly and knowledgeable. She expertly penciled in my recommended eyebrow shape and explained that since my previous embroidery job is still visible on my brows, she is not able to make my brows as natural as she would like to. Then, she used a concealer to show me how a naked eyebrow would look like under her expertise. I was immediately filled with regret when I compared both brows.
Nevertheless, she assured me that my eyebrows would still look very natural and then proceeds to draw them to perfection. After viewing them with her naked eyes, through the mirror and then via photos, she was finally satisfied with their shape and applied numbing cream on my brows.
After about 30 minutes, I was shown to the room and my brow specialist started her embroidery. The initial strokes were virtually painless and I was soon dozing off. However, as she was very thorough, she went over my brows many times and after a while, it began to sting a little at the ends where it was more sensitive.
At the end of the hour-long embroidery treatment, I was given a tube of soothing cream to be applied 5 – 6 times a day and advised not to pick and peel my brows.
A touch-up appointment was also set for the following month to further perfect my brows.
Allure Beauty (allurebeauty.com.sg)
180 Kitchener Rd, #03-29/30
City Square Mall
Tel: +65 6509 8859 / +65 6270 8845
1 Bukit Batok Central Link, #04-10/11
Tel: 6898 2242
10 Tampines Central 1, #04-34
Tel: 6481 3608
Starts from $1,380 for Allure’s Signature Eyebrow Embroidery
Written by Pearlin Siow.